Craven CVS (Craven Community Voluntary Service) has just been awarded a
national Quality Award.
The National Association of Voluntary Community Action's Quality Award is a national independent endorsement of the services provided by Craven CVS. Working across the whole of Craven district Craven CVC provides support to community, voluntary and charitable organisations in terms of funding and financial advice, governance (setting up and running local groups and organisations) and training.
To gain this award Craven CVS had to demonstrate that its support makes a real difference to voluntary and community organisations in their area. The rigorous assessment process involves an external audit and interviews with service users and funders.
Andy Glen, Chairman of Craven CVS, said ‘ We look forward to maintaining the high standards required to achieve this prestigious award and look forwards to using the NAVCA Quality Award with pride.’
The award is assessed against five standards all of which Craven CVS
• Supporting the identification of needs in local communities and facilitating provision to meet those needs
• Assisting voluntary organisations and community groups to function more effectively and deliver quality services
• Facilitating effective communications, networking and collaboration among local voluntary organisations and community groups
• Enabling the diverse views of the local sector to be represented and supporting structures which promote effective cross-sector partnership working
• Ensuring the third sector’s role as an integral part of the local planning and policy making
This is the opportunity for the local Community and Voluntary sector to influence the decisions made by statutory organisations.
This is the support that we can provide local community and voluntary groups to set up, fund and run themselves in a legal and effective way.
Volunteer Centre Craven gives information to prospective volunteers on opportunities around the Craven area, and holds some information on volunteering away from home. We also give advice to volunteer-involving organisations around any issues concerning volunteers.